This website is operated by Lions Foundation of Canada for those interested in supporting the organization and its causes. Our organization is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information of its employees, clients and volunteers. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information that you choose to share with us. Except as set forth in this privacy notice, Lions Foundation of Canada will not share personal information about you with anyone. By interacting with Lions Foundation of Canada's web site, you agree to accept the practices described in this privacy notice.
- Information Collected
- Information You Give UsThe privacy of our users is important to us. Lions Foundation of Canada does not collect any personal information about users, except that which is knowingly and specifically supplied to us by the user. At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information, such as your e-mail address and postal address, for purposes such as corresponding with us or making a donation. However, when at all possible, an option to remain anonymous will be provided to those who wish to preserve their right to anonymity. We will not disclose any personal information about users to any outside parties. You may access your personal information at any time to ensure that it is correct and current.
Lions Foundation of Canada receives and stores any information you choose to enter on the Foundation's web site, or provide us in any other way, such as by telephone or by electronic mail. This information may include your name, address, e-mail address, and/or telephone number, as well as information pertaining to the business interaction between yourself and the Foundation.
- Automatic InformationCertain applications in Lions Foundation of Canada's web site may invoke a standard feature found in web browser software called "cookies." We do not use or share information transferred through cookies. Although most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, you can change the configuration of your browser to prevent this from occurring.
- Use of Information Collected
- Electronic MailLions Foundation of Canada may use your personal information to e-mail you regarding specific information about events or activities. All such e-mails sent to you by the Foundation will offer you the option to be removed from our e-mail list.
- Other ContactsIf you provide your e-mail address or have opted-into receiving communication electronically or in print, in addition to using your personal information to provide you with such communication, Lions Foundation of Canada may also use your personal information to contact you by mail, by e-mail, or by telephone. If you wish to be removed from this contact list, you may do so by contacting the Foundation directly. (See the 'Contact Us' section below).
- Sharing With Third PartiesInformation collected by the Foundation will not be shared with any third parties.
- How Secure is Information About Me?Foundation personnel are authorized to access personal information based only on their need to deal with the information for the reason(s) for which it was obtained. Safeguards are in place to ensure that the information is not disclosed or shared more widely than is necessary to achieve the purpose for which it was gathered. We also take measures to ensure the integrity of this information is maintained and to prevent its being lost or destroyed.
Lions Foundation of Canada works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") software, which encrypts information you input. If you make a purchase via the Foundation's web site, we will use your credit card number only to process your payment and will not use it for marketing purposes. For reasons of security, credit card information is not stored on our Web Server. We will retain order information for our records, but this information is never shared with third parties.
- ChildrenWe do not knowingly collect personal information from any children under 16. If you are under 16, be sure to obtain your parent's or guardian's permission before you send any information about yourself to us or anyone else over the internet. We encourage parents to get involved with their children's online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
- How To Access And Update Your Personal InformationUpon your request, we will provide you with access to, and ability to correct, certain information about you, such as contact information, transaction information and credit card account information. You can help Lions Foundation of Canada maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us when you change your address, phone number, or e-mail address.
If at any time you wish to access or update your information or stop receiving communications from the Foundation, please contact the Foundation by e-mail at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
Lions Foundation of Canada
152 Wilson Street,
Oakville, ON L6K 0G6
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and RevisionsIf you choose to interact with Lions Foundation of Canada's web site, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this privacy notice. We regularly review our privacy practices for our various activities, and update our policy. Please check this website on an ongoing basis for information on our most up-to-date practices.
Lions Foundation of Canada is a member of the Canadian Centre for Philanthropy and the Association of Fundraising Professionals. We adhere to the privacy guidelines of these organizations.
Further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your personal information may be found on the website of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.provcom.gc.ca
- firstname.lastname@example.org and we will respond in a timely manner. For our complete procedures on how complaints are handled, please contact us.
- www.dogguides.com is owned and operated by Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides. Please feel free to browse the site; however, your access and use of the site is subject to the following terms and conditions and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the site, you accept the Terms and Conditions. Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions at any time and your continued use of the site constitutes your acceptance of, and is conditional upon your continued acceptance of and compliance with, the following provisions.
- CopyrightAll content included on this site, including but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, video clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software, is the property of Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and protected by Canadian and international copyright laws. Users are only entitled to copy for personal use and may not copy, reproduce or republish for any other purpose without our written consent. All rights reserved.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitations of LiabilityThis site is provided by Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides for information only. Reasonable effort is made to ensure that the information posted is reliable. Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides and/or Dog Guides Canada does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials, products or services included on this site. This disclaimer of liability includes any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in the operation or transmission, computer errors, communication line failure, or unauthorized access to or use of the website or information transmitted through the website. The Information on the site, including but not limited to newsletters, articles, opinions and views, are provided for educational information purposes only. Any Information created by us is believed to be reliable when posted. Despite the use of firewalls, anti-virus software and other security measures, Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides are free of viruses or other harmful components. Lions Foundation of Canada Dog Guides will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damages.
Information posted on the website may be changed from time to time without notice. Although the website is intended to be updated from time to time, no guarantee is given that the information is current. Links provided on our website to other sites, references, services or products, do not imply endorsement or approval of such websites, products or services. Links are provided for the convenience of the user and are to be accessed for information only. We assume no responsibility for their content nor for their privacy practices.
This is a Canadian website and the laws in effect in the Province of Ontario shall govern this agreement and any dispute or claim based on your use of the site or the information. You agree that any action or proceeding related to this agreement or your use of the site shall only be brought by you in the courts of the Province of Ontario.